We at Get Your Marriage On! love sex toys! We believe that in the right setting, sex toys can help a couple build intimacy and pleasure each other. Unfortunately, a lot of couples feel very intimidated while trying to buy sex toys. There are a lot of options and it can be demoralizing to try to figure out what they all do! Here, we explore a few types of sex toys to help you know what you want to try!
What is a Sex Toy?
A lot of people feel intimidated just by the name sex toys. However, sex toys simply refers to any item that can aid in pleasure. Some couples feel like the phrase “sex toys” sounds like something a person would use for their own gratification or that the phrase is making light of sex. If you feel this way, consider changing the wording. You can call theses instruments “sex tools” or “intimacy aids” because that’s what they are going to be for you two!
If you do feel hesitant to try sex toys, I would encourage you to examine why that is. Think of sex toys like a tool; sure it could be used for the wrong purpose, but it can also help you build more intimacy with your partner! Consider setting rules, such as agreeing to only use these toys when you two are together. If you want to learn more about why couples use sex toy or explore your hesitance, check out our post Enhancing Intimacy with Sex Toys.
Are you ready? Let’s start exploring!
There are a lot of options when it comes to sex toys and it can feel very overwhelming! There are different materials and intensities to consider. Do you like the soft feeling of silicone over a heavy metal or plastic? What speeds and vibrating patterns do you like? Some sex toys have remotes, so you can have your spouse activate them when you are ready. Some fancy ones are even voice-controlled or can be turned on remotely via Bluetooth. There are also different shapes and uses for sex toys. Experiment with different options until you find what you enjoy the most.
A vibrator is a device that vibrates to help stimulate your erotic areas. Vibrators come in many different shapes and make different motions (up and down, slowly moving around) depending on what erotic area its built for or type of stimulation you are seeking.
- Classic Vibrator: These vibrators are phallic-shaped (long and cylindrical, more or less like a penis), and are usually best used inside the vagina. They come in varied lengths, shapes, and materials; so find one that suits your body!
- Bullet: These are small vibrators made in an assortment of materials. They are very popular among women as they are used to stimulate the clitoris. Bullet vibrators are just the right size to use on the clitoris during penetration, helping both partners to orgasm at the same time.
- Eggs: These vibrators have curves that are meant to fit right into the g-spot, giving you direct stimulation. They can be placed and then remote operated once you feel ready. Eggs are usually made out of soft and pliable silicone so they can fit snugly into the vagina.
- Rabbit or G-Spot: These vibrators have a very distinct shape. They have two shafts; one longer that curves up and the end, and a shorter one with two “ears”. These vibrators can be used to stimulate the clitoris and the g-spot at the same time. Again, these are usually made out of silicone so the ears don’t irritate the clitoris.
- Double End/Unite: These vibrators are shaped like a U and can be used together with your spouse, stimulating both of you at the same time. These can be made from a number of materials based on what you and your spouse prefer!
- Penis Ring/C-Ring: a penis ring is a flexible circle that is put around the penis when limp, and will help a man last longer by delaying ejaculation. Some (not all) rings come with a small vibrator attached that can stimulate the clitoris during penetration. The penis rind can also prevent deep penetration to help women who experiences pain during sex.
- Finger: These small vibrators are worn on your fingers and can be used to stimulate wherever you want! A lot of couples feel like these provide a very intimate experience as your spouse’s fingers explore your erotic zones.
Vibrators are the most common sex toy. However, there are some other fun tools that can aid in your love making!
- Pillows/Ramps: pillows or ramps made to help you and your spouse try out new sex positions. It can be a good way to help your body relax and lean into sensations.
- Lube: We talk about it all the time, but it’s just that important! Having lube on hand to help everything go smoothly is so important. Use it during penetration, on toys, on the clitoris, penis, nipples, wherever you want a slippery smooth experience. Read up on lube here.
- Massage Oils and Gels: There are a variety of oils and gels that can add to your sexual experience. Some cool the skin, others create a heat sensation. Some oils come in candles and smell really good. Get creative with the sensations of touch and smell. Be careful not to place these products in the vagina.
- Nipple Clamp: These small devices can attach to your nipples and provide stimulation during a sexual encounter. This leaves your hands free for other types of stimulation.
- Dildo: These are similar to classic vibrators, but they don’t vibrate. They are meant to fill the vagina and add to a sexual experience.
I hope this post has helped you learn about sex toys and feel confident as you shop. If it still feels overwhelming to pick out your first few sex toys, check out our selection of baskets! We have done the work for you and sorted out some good products for beginners, for him and for her, and for the two of you to enjoy together.
If you would like some nudity-free, safe resources for sex toy shopping, check out our Sex Toy Websites Review! Sex toys can help you give your spouse more pleasure than you ever thought possible. If you still have questions, feel free to reach out!
Written by Amanda Severson with Get Your Marriage On!
Love this article?
Try this fun and sexy app for your marriage!
I love this app! My husband and I are such busy people, this helps us stop and make sure we show the love that we have for each other. I’d give 6 stars if I could!
This is by far the #1 sex app for Christian couples! My wife and I played the games like 5 times over the last week. Sparks are flying and we’ve never felt so close before. Thank you!